SoJust Vote! A Guide for Progressive Voters.
New to the Massachusetts political scene? Too busy to research every single candidate? Confused by waves of political ads? If you know that voting is important, but find yourself guessing at the ballot, SoJust Vote! is for you. We won’t tell you who to vote for--but we can tell you who progressive organizations have determined to be a good choice based on their rigorous selection process. More endorsements will be added as the election draws closer, so be sure to check in before you head to the polls.
Check the links above to find out whether progressive organizations endorsed candidates on your ballot.
Not sure where to vote or what your district is? www.wheredoivotema.com. Polls are open from 7:00am-8:00pm.
Boston Municipal Election - Mayor & City Council
Preliminary Municipal Election - Tuesday, September 24, 2013 (last day to register to vote in MA: Wednesday, September 4, 2013)
Municipal Election Day - Tuesday, November 5, 2013 (last day to register to vote: Wednesday, October 16, 2013)
Boston Mayoral Race Resources:
Boston City Councilor-At-Large Race Resources:
Special Election to replace Ed Markey, U.S. Rep for Massachusetts' 5th Congressional District
Special State Primary - Tuesday, October 15, 2013 (last day to register to vote in MA: Wednesday, September 25, 2013)
Special Election Day - Tuesday, December 10, 2013 (last day to register to vote in MA: Wednesday, November 20, 2013))
Don't just vote, SoJust Vote! #iSoJustVoted
Socializing for Justice hosts SoJust Vote!
* To show our support of candidates who are progressive across a range of issues, because we believe in the strength of cross-issue movement building.
* To create support for progressives who run for office, in the hopes that more progressives will run for office.
* To make it easier for progressives voters to know how their preferred candidate fares on other social justice issues.
* To be able to hold elected officials accountable as a cross-issue progressive community, by not just focusing on a single issue.
* To actively engage 2300+ SoJusters by connecting them with progressive political campaigns.